Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Versa Marker with color pencils, oh my!!

Yesterday afternoon, I was trying to make some samples for the project which I'm contributed.

What I try was, clear emboss over stamped and colored images, so I used my Versa Marker (which is marker version of VersaMark) to wet the image... then a miracle happened.
My images were colored with pencils (my favorite Prismacolor), these colors RUN and BLENDING!!
It works like a Gamsol which usually used for blending color pencils!!
Then I played with another brand or non-brand pencils, all works good,.

So, here's my sample pics and finished card.


Step by step instruction.
1. Stamp the image with your favorite ink on non-coated card stock.
I used VersaFine becuase it gives crisp image and won't stain my clear stamps.


2. Color with pencils.  Base color only at this stage.  You can add more colors later.


Now take your Versa Marker.



3. Hair has been blended with Versa Marker.
(sorry for burred image)


4. Clean off your VersaMarker - just scribble on scrap paper until clear.


5. Bows, face, dress have been done.  Now adding red dot on her dress.


6. Add cheeks - tiny dots of red.


7. Blending out with circular motion.

Then I added shades and highlights, color cakes, and blend.
Finishing with some pearls and rhinestones.

It's pretty fun to see the colors blending.  

Hope you enjoy this project.

Until next time :)


.

2 comments:

  1. Kazuko, I love your new blog and I love this card! Happy New Year! See you at CHA.

    ReplyDelete